what's on my mind

what's on my mind

tisdag 20 september 2011

The Addams Family

Since the 1993 Addams Family Values (movie) was on TV today I thought 'it's been a long time since I saw the Addams Family on TV and so I thought that it would be nice if it was to become one of my regular TV series to watch.

Addams Family Values, 1993



The Addams Family is a tv sitcom that ran from 1964 to 1966. It revolves around this macabre family that take pleasure in the unusual, the painful, the morbid and the downright strange.
In the original of 1964 Carolyn Jones plays deadly beautiful Morticia, and John Astin plays eccentric and passionate Gomez Addams.

The Addams Family, Gomez & Morticia, 1964

Their family consists of cool and calculating daughter Wednesday, little rascal son Pugsley, Gomez brother Uncle Fester and the crazy grandmother who is a witch. Their servants are equally unusual and consist of giant Lurch and a severed hand called Thing.


1964 Addams Family DVD box

I remember when I was a kid, I watched the cartooned Addams Family and I have always thought they were a really cool and unusual family indeed.


And of course being influenced by everything I see and hear I loved the 1991 movie The Addams Family with Anjelica Huston and Christina Ricci.



I wanted to be like Wednesday played by Christina Ricci when I was a little girl. Maybe because I have always had this kind of murderous, morbid side to me?


Wednesday Addams sleeping, 1991

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar